Defibrillator for East Boldre
It was great to see so many people at the opening of the defibrillator this weekend. Thank you all for coming along and also thank you to those who have contributed time and money to make this happen.
- 2 years ago, the council was approached by East Boldre resident, Lisa Owen with the idea of fund raising with the aim of providing a defibrillator for the parish of East Boldre. This was following the recent death of a popular resident John Kitcher.
- East Boldre Parish Council had communications with Community Heartbeat Trust and advice and a quotation was received.
- Offers of grants were made by the Parish, County and District Councillors, but the parish council applied for a grant from SSE and were grateful to be awarded £1350.00 from them. With £1088.00 from the Parish Council, £100.00 from the village hall and a further £478.00 raised at the Taste of East Boldre event and the Turfcutters Arms quiz night, the funds had soon been raised.
- Crown Paints kindly donated the paint for the kiosk and Kevin Bennett, the Parish Lengthsman and his team painted the kiosk, Ian Chasteney Electrics fitted the cabinet.
- We now need as many residents as possible to undertake the defibrillator training.
- Thank you to Lisa Owen for initiating the project and for the support of all the residents.