HCC guidelines

The County Council has delivered a press release encouraging non-UK EU residents to register with the EU Settlement Scheme  https://www.hants.gov.uk/news/09102019BrexitEUSS.  


  • The EU Settlement Scheme is a free Scheme which enables EEA and Swiss citizens resident in the UK, and their family members, to obtain the status they will require in order to live and work in the UK after 30 June 2021 (or after 31 December 2020 if there is a no deal exit).  There is a national helpline number for those who require assistance in filling in the applications, provided by the EU Settlement Resolution Centre:

Telephone: 0300 123 7379
Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm


The County Council’s own Brexit webpage also provides useful information on the work being undertaken to support preparedness in Hampshire, including links to important Government advice for individuals and businesses. https://www.hants.gov.uk/business/brexit